The regional project aims to support sustainable growth and decent job creation through an integrated approach to improve the investment climate. It will contribute to enhancing the ability of South Neighbourhood countries to self-assess, implement and improve investment climate reforms with a view to attract and retain higher quality and more inclusive investment, in the context of the post-COVID-19 pandemic recovery.
This will also be achieved through leveraging public-private dialogues and developing and implementing effective monitoring and evaluation systems.
Coutries covered: Algeria, Egypt, Jordan, Israel, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Palestine and Tunisia
- Targeted policy advice to support and ensure effective implementation of investment climate reforms
- Improved investment climate reforms in the selected EIP investment windows through strengthened regional and national public-private dialogues
- Improved monitoring process for the implementation of selected reforms supported by the intervention in selected beneficiaries
Actions in brief
- Support to regulatory investment reforms to improve the business environment and reinforce legal certainty
- Strengthen investment promotion and facilitation frameworks
- Promote policies to maximize the impact of investment on sustainable development, especially job creation and skills upgrading
- Strengthen Foreign Direct Investment statistics
- Support investment reforms in selected European Investment Plan windows through public-private dialogues, roadmaps and implementation.
- Support national monitoring and evaluation systems