The project seeks to facilitate, through better connection between transport networks and modes, the trade of goods between Southern Mediterranean Partners Countries and EU, as well as to develop the regional economic integration.
Countries covered: Algeria, Egypt, Jordan, Morocco, Tunisia
LogisMed TA supports the implementation of the Regional Transport Action Plan 2014-2020 actions related logistics.
The objective of this action is to contribute to the improvement of training activities in the domain of logistics.
Actions in brief
1) Build or strengthen national logistics associations (NLAs) in order to increase their capacity to become recognised interlocutors by the private sector and public authorities, training centres and academia;
2) Confirm training plans with the relevant stakeholders;
3) Develop and promote standard curricula for undergraduates, notably ensuring that the courses are aligned with private sector needs;
4) Facilitate the certification of at least 300 professionals through recognised organisations, including international logistics associations;
5) Develop a “Train the Trainers” programme and train at least 50 professionals;
6) Develop an initial pool of skilled at least 500 “blue collar” workers in the region.
Implementing partner: European Investment BankPrint pdf