The previous editions of the Euromed Police project have been instrumental in creating a basic collaborative environment between the EU, some of its Justice and Home Affairs agencies, and the countries that have partnered up within the Euromed project framework. Among the key achievements of Euromed Police IV, most certainly the identification of a strategic level forum for regional and EU cooperation as well as the creation of two networks (one for capacity building and the other one for analysis purposes) are without a doubt very important steps.
The work of the previous phases of Euromed Police (I - IV) established necessary contacts, trust and footing for a more operational phase to take place.
Countries covered: Neighbourhood South countries
The overall objective of the Euromed Police action, building on the achievements of the previous editions of the project, is to contribute to enhancing institutional capacity to protect EU neighbours’ citizens against transnational serious and organized crime.
The specific objectives are to enhance the operational capacities of the South Partner Countries (SPC), to fight serious and organized crime, and to strengthen strategic cooperation between national law enforcement authorities in SPC, as well as between SPC and EU Member States and EU agencies.
Actions in brief
Euromed Police’s expected results and related activities are:
- Enhanced cooperation within SPCs and between SPCs and the EU:
- Establish a Strategic Cooperation Forum
- Define a Euromed Police Strategy: Crime Priorities and Strategic Training Needs
- Perform National Assessment Missions
- Reinforce the Networks: CAPASPOC (Capacity Building Single Points of Contact) and ANASPOC (Analysis Single Points of Contact)
- Enhanced capacity to produce structured training needs analysis:
- Perform Operational Training Needs Analysis with CAPASPOC
- Organise Residential Courses
- Create the CEPOL Exchange Programme
- Develop e-Learning
- Enhanced evidence-based identification of priority crime areas in the Southern Neighbourhood region:
- Organise emerging needs workshops with ANASPOC
- Maintain the Threat Assessment Platform
- Produce an updated Euromed Threat Assessment
- Organise component-specific Study Visits
- Organise Joint Simulation Exercise