The European Union Delegation to Jordan is looking for a Press and Information Officer (Strategic Communications)!
The EU Delegation offers a post of Press and Information Officer (Strategic Communications) in the Political, Press and Information Section of the Delegation. This post will focus on analysing the information environment and the support to local and regional initiatives. The portfolio will cover Jordan, counterterrorism and the regional dimension. Upon recruitment, the successful candidate will occupy a specific job function as Press and Information Officer (Strategic Communications). This job function may change in accordance with the needs of the Delegation.
Functions and duties
The successful candidate will perform the following tasks under the supervision and responsibility of the Head of Section:
• analyse the trends and developments in the information environment and provide recommendations for improving the understanding of the EU's values, policies and projects based on fact-based information and proactive communication;
• establish and maintain a network of key information environment experts in the country and the region, including on counterterrorism, which could support the EU Delegation in its monitoring and awareness raising activities;
• connect with and support local and regional media initiatives specialising in fact-checking, qualitative journalism and healthy information environments across the region
• design, implement and coordinate campaigns, local outreach events and communication projects on specific issues and priorities, including with a goal to addressing disinformation targeting the EU and its cooperation with Jordan and the broader region;
• closely cooperate with the EEAS Strategic Communications Task Force South and with the other Press and Information Officers;
- perform other tasks as designated by the Head of Section;
- replace the other Press and Information Officers when absent.