The European Endowment for Democracy is urgently looking for a committed and experienced Grants Manager to support its flexible democracy support work. Specifically, EED is looking for a Grants Manager to support EED in the contractual and financial management of EED Grants.
The candidates must have an excellent working knowledge of Russian or Arabic. Fluency in other languages of EED operations would be considered an advantage.
This is a great opportunity to join EED in a challenging and varied role. As Grants Manager, you will work in a team responsible for the financial and contractual management of EED grants to civil society and independent media. Experience of grant-making financial and contractual procedures in government, international organisations or civil society and a good knowledge of democracy support procedures are essential. At least five years relevant experience is required for this position.
Reporting directly to the Director of Operations, the position consists of:
Main functions of the post:
- Ensuring administrative and financial management of EED grants in close coordination with the Programmes team;
- Drafting project proposals and reports for a wide range of EED donors (including EU and public donors) with special focus on the financial part;
- Providing strategic guidance to the funds management from a grants perspective;
- Guiding and managing the work of EED external consultants assisting the Grants Team;
- Responding and contributing to strategic and institutional needs of EED, as per Executive Director requests;
- Contributing to EED monitoring and evaluation system as well as to its knowledge management.