EuroMed Feminist Initiative (EFI) is a policy network that provides expertise in the field of gender equality, democracy building and citizenship, and advocates for political solutions to all conflicts, and peoples´ rights to self-determination. EFI encompasses women’s rights organizations from the two shores of the Mediterranean and seeks to correct the gender power imbalances through ending discrimination and oppression of women and bringing about positive change for the whole society. EFI Headquarters are in Paris, with offices in Amman and Beirut.
The Overall Responsibility as a Communication and Visibility Officer is:
- Manages the implementation of the communication and visibility (C&V) plan ensuring the visibility of the action, coordinating the planning and implementation of the media campaigns, social media and website coverage of the project.
- Coordinate with members of consortium and liaise with counterparts.
- Communicate efficiently and make visible the results of the program
- Contribute to promoting EFI’s goals and vision
The roles and responsibilities are:
- Ensure proper implementation of EFI C&V strategy as per EU C&V guidelines
- Implement properly EFI online media strategy for website and social media channels that help the organization achieve visibility and communications objectives and in line with the EFI’s media and communication plan and in line with the project C&V plan
- In collaboration with Programme Team, translates the framework through proper communication and visibility events, outreach activities, trainings and props (eg. Banners, leaflets, video)
- Works with Programme Team ahead of events and meetings to devise key messages and integrate social media into the activities
- Draft EFI communications materials as requested by the project and according to EU C&V guidelines
- Build relationships with media organizations; drafts press release and other public relations material to communicate EFIs position
- Write news briefs and articles, press releases, statements of EFI’s events per information provided, and compose quarterly newsletters related to Syrian partners and project objectives
- Participate to creation, production, and dissemination of printed publications including brochures and booklets for the organization's projects and programs
- Support the development and organization of events and meetings aimed at raising EFI’s profile, engaging new audiences in its work and strengthening its support base; ensure there is a coverage of every workshop, advocacy activity, meetings with stakeholders such as community hosts, local authorities and ministries, social workers and consortium members
- Develop and implement documentation and presentation of EFI’s work in collaboration with graphic design, photographer, film-maker, media campaigns
- Elaborates and updates contents for IFE-EFI website and social media
- Monitors public opinion, views and news related to EFi’s projects; takes into account socio cultural context for publication materials; provides regular briefing and feedback to Programme Team