The El-Hiwar project is very pleased to announce that the call for applications for its second summer school on Euro-Arab relations is open!
Five days to enhance knowledge of Euro-Arab relations, strengthen skills and explore avenues to bring citizens closer (culture, youth, migration, mobility, diplomacy).
The Summer School is part of the programme El Hiwar, funded by the EU, with the League of Arab States and implemented by the College of Europe.
El Hiwar focuses on strengthening dialogue, cooperation and collaboration with key regional actors involved in Euro-Arab relations, through a number of activities including institutional training courses, briefings, sectorial trainings and policy dialogues.
The Summer School will take place online from 12 to 16 July and will focus on on people-to-people matters.
The Summer School is open to a few EU representatives as to develop Euro-Arab diplomacy and could be interest for the following reasons:
- A chance to learn more about topics that are high on the EU agenda:
- The following feature prominently in the New Agenda for the Mediterranean: people-oriented cooperation; youth empowerment; migration and mobility
- Intra and inter-regional cooperation; multilateralism
- An opportunity to know more about the League of Arab States and its strategy
- Networking and engaging with participants who are key members of the Euro-Arab stakeholders (LAS staff, researchers and civil society from Europe and the Arab region)
- Being part of an initiative aiming at reinforcing a culture of dialogue with and involvement of civil society
- Hearing the voice and views of actors from the Arab region
- Incubate and discuss ideas and projects that could transform Euro-Arab relations
- A programme designed and implemented by the College of Europe and mobilising innovative online learning approaches and the network of trainers of the institution.
- If interested in specific sessions, we can foresee a tailored learning path (it is not compulsory to join the whole programme). E.g. session with LAS officials, thematic sessions of interest (migration & mobility; youth; cultural relations) or specific skills oriented workshops.