The call for applications to the first edition of the Mediterranean Sustainability Award (WeMed) closed on 15 July 2021. Now SCP/RAC has started the evaluation process to select the three final winners.
The WeMed Jury consists of seven international experts on green and circular economy entrepreneurship, policies and financing. The Jury members are:
- Ms. Jihen Boutiba, the General Secretary of the Union of Mediterranean Confederations of Enterprises (BUSINESSMED), based in Tunis.
- Ms. Zoé Luçon, Senior expert in sustainable investment and impact measurement at ANIMA Investment Network and THE NEXT SOCIETY, based in Marseille.
- Mr. Ramon Farreny, Circular Economy and Green Entrepreneurship specialist at Inèdit, a strategical eco-innovation studio working towards the transition to a smart, prosperous and sustainable future, based in Barcelona.
- Dr. Mounir Temmam, Senior expert in evaluation of public policies in the environmental field at Enviro Consulting International, based in Rabat.
- Ms. Maya Karkour, Environmental and Circular Economy Specialist at EcoConsulting and the Circular Hub, based in Beirut.
- Mr. Giorgio Mosangini, Team Leader of the Green Entrepreneurship & Civil Society Area at SCP/RAC.
- Ms. Pilar Chiva, Head of the Circular Economy Area at the Waste Agency of Catalonia, considered a reference in waste prevention and management and the promotion of circular economy, based in Barcelona.
The WeMed Award has been created by SCP/RAC as part of the Switchers Support Programme. The WeMed Award is a flagship initiative of the UNEP/MAP Mediterranean Strategy for Sustainable Development. The first edition of WeMed is funded by the EU through the SwitchMed Programme.
For more information