The EDU-SYRIA/EDU-JORDAN programme, funded by the EU through the regional trust fund “Madad” in response to the Syrian crisis and managed by the German Jordanian University, announces that the door is now open for Syrian refugees living inside the refugee camps to apply for Bachelors degree scholarships at Zarqa University for the upcoming academic year 2021/2022.
Applicants must be:
- Syrian nationality, living inside the refugees camps (Zaatari, UAS, Al Azraq)
- Younger than 28 years old
- The candidate should hold a the UNHCR Asylum Seeker Certificate
- The candidate should hold the security card (Ministry of Interior card) for Syrian.
- Obtained the high school certificate (Tawjihi) in 2021.
- Obtain an initial acceptance approval from Zarqa University (This does not mean acceptance for the scholarship).
- The priority will be given to candidates with a higher GPA and satisfy the previous conditions.
The EDU-SYRIA/EDU-JORDAN programme is part of the EU-funded project to support higher education for Syrian refugees and vulnerable Jordanian youth, aiming to provide young students with opportunities to pursue higher education (bachelor and master’s degrees), vocational education, technical training, special entrepreneurial training, and labour market-oriented courses, as well as summer programmes for high school students.
For more information