The Euro-Mediterranean Network of Economic Studies EMNES Annual Conference provides a forum for academic researchers, practitioners and policy makers to discuss current issues related to socio-economic development and regional integration in the Mediterranean and Africa.
This year, the conference will offer leading academics, practitioners and policymakers the opportunity to discuss innovative research on a range of topics related to the post- COVID-19 pandemic recover.
EMNES has launched a call for papers inviting submissions of high-quality unpublished manuscripts on topics related to the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic and the transition to a resilient and sustainable socio-economic growth in Europe, the Mediterranean and Africa including, but not limited to:
- Debt sustainability and international cooperation for debt relief
- Monetary policy during and post COVID-19
- Central banks and the greening of the financial sector
- Sustainability and stability of financial systems during and post COVID-19
- COVID-19 recovery and green stimulus policies
- Sustainability and ESG risks
- Impact investing and other sustainable finance trends
- Biodiversity and environment and economic development
- Financial innovation and the U.N. Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
- Corporate strategies towards transition and physical risks of climate change
- Corporate social responsibility in the post-pandemic world
- Financial inclusion, digitalization and crypto-currencies
- Role of the state, financial institutions and markets in post-COVID-19 recovery
- Regional integration, sustainability in post-COVID-19 recovery
EMNES is a network of partners and associate research institutions and think tanks working on the Mediterranean region. EMNES aims to provide a renewed vision for socio-economic development in the Mediterranean region, mainly focusing on job creation, social inclusion, and sustainable development, producing books, studies, scientific and policy papers. The EMNES project is co-funded by the Euro-Mediterranean Economists Association – EMEA and the European Commission.
For more information