The project aims to strengthen disaster risk reduction and crisis management in the Eastern Partnership countries and to promote regional cooperation with the EU Civil Protection Mechanism. The project builds on the two previous phases of the programme (2010-2019).
- Building sustainable capacities of the partner countries' respective civil protection institutions for disaster risk prevention, preparedness and response to natural and man-made disasters.
- Strengthening interlinkages between all relevant governmental actors and civil society stakeholders, as well as the scientific community, promoting a national inclusive approach to prevention, preparedness and response to natural and man-made disasters.
- Enhancing regional coordination, institutional and operational cooperation between the EU Civil Protection Mechanism and the Eastern neighbourhood countries and among the Eastern neighbourhood countries themselves.
Actions in brief
- Table-top exercises
- Technical Advisory Missions
- Regional and national workshops
- Field exercise
- Exchange of Experts