The training discusses the understanding of human rights in youth work by looking at examples of groups that may face exclusion. It will take place from 2-5 March 2020 in Helsinki, Finland.
Content and Objectives
After completing the training course the participants will have more knowledge and understanding on:
- the human rights system both as a set of legal obligations and a tool for change within youth work;
- minority stress affecting the everyday life of minority youth
- safer spaces thinking in youth work;
- exploring methods that enable youth workers to discuss human rights with young people;
- how to support the equal participation of different groups (e.g. trans and non-binary youth and youth with disabilities) in youth work activities.