2020 is an important year for the Eastern Partnership (EaP) initiative. On the one hand, it is a conclusive year for implementing the ‘20 Deliverables by 2020’ policy priorities. On the other, it is the year when a new EU policy framework will pave the way for a new set of common objectives for the future of the Eastern Partnership.
In these circumstances, the EaP Youth Engagement Summit, taking place on 2-3 July, is a highlight event that aims to celebrate and promote past and ongoing cooperation between the EU and its Eastern partner countries, investing in the future of young people, and facilitate a dialogue between policy makers and youth on the overall approach and concrete steps for the future under the Eastern Partnership.
The Summit will take place in a fully virtual format. Such a format has been chosen due to the COVID-19 global pandemic in order to safeguard the health of participants and organisers.
The EaP Youth Engagement Summit will be a free, globally accessible meeting for registered participants, with speakers, organisers and attendees scattered across dozens of locations across Europe while being connected via a video-conferencing tool and social media. Around 450 active, critical and responsible youth leaders and youth workers will have a unique opportunity to hold a dialogue amongst themselves and with EU and EaP policy makers.
The main topics of the EaP Youth Summit will include:
- The Eastern Partnership beyond 2020 and the role for young people;
- Youth participation in policy making through strengthening EaP Youth Councils and the EaP Civil Society Facility;
- Youth transition from education to work through skills development;
- Youth social entrepreneurship realities and good practices;
- EU vs. disinformation through positive communication;
- Achievements under the EU4Youth package, with a focus on Erasmus+ and EU4Youth.
Find out more