The ETF has just published a report focusing on how 27 countries neighbouring the EU are coping with COVID-19 in the field of education and training. The report includes information about countries from South Eastern Europe and Turkey, the Eastern Partnership and Russia, the Southern and Eastern Mediterranean, and Central Asia on:
- support for teachers and trainers through multiple channels;
- access to internet and outreach measures considering equality, opportunities and digital literacy;
- decisions regarding examinations, certification and validation;
- school autonomy in organising digital and online learning; and
- addressing vocational education and training beyond general education subjects.
Some good practice examples include the continued development of teachers and trainers virtually in Ukraine and Egypt and the focus on VET through training and online support in Armenia, Azerbaijan and Georgia. In addition, civil society is spearheading initiatives in Palestine, TV channels are broadening access for learners in Kazakhstan and Kyrgyzstan, and emotional support is offered to students through dedicated channels in Israel.